Wednesday, May 16, 2007

American Non-Idol

Tonight, America's idol voters proved it once again. They have no taste. Last year on American Idol we witnessed the voting off in an early round of the best singer that season, Chris Daughtry, in favor of half-talent Taylor Hicks. In previous years we witnessed the voting off of other more talented singers in the early rounds such as Broadway star Diana Degarmo and this year's Oscar winner for Best Supporting Actress, Jennifer Hudson. I'd even mention Clay Aiken, if I liked him and/or thought he had talent.

But this year, the voters topped even themselves. They chose to vote off Melinda Doolittle, who was far and above the best singer ever to appear on the program in it's history. I say that being a HUGE Carrie Underwood fan, which was the one winner that America got right. Carrie's multiple awards across many different academies proves that, much less the millions of albums she has sold so far.

But this year, they got it wrong. Again. Way wrong!

So, in honor of Melinda, I present the following for your enjoyment. Clive Davis, if you're reading this (which I doubt), pick up the phone and dial Melinda NOW!

"I Believe In You And Me"


"I'm A Woman"


"My Funny Valentine"


"Trouble Is A Woman"


"Sway"


"As Long As He Needs Me"


"I Got Rhythm"


"Home"


"There Will Come A Day"


"Since You Been Gone"


Of course, this isn't all the songs that Melinda sang, but it gives a great representation of her vocal ability, range, talent, and personality.

I'm dialing in for Jordin next week. Blake is a cutie, but he's just not the best of the remaining two singers. I encourage you all to do the same.

No comments: